Terms of participation for the Automechanika Frankfurt Innovation Award 2020
- On the occasion of Automechanika Frankfurt 2020 (8 to 12 September 2020 in Frankfurt am Main), Messe Frankfurt Exhibition GmbH, Ludwig-Erhard-Anlage 1, 60327 Frankfurt am Main, Germany (hereinafter referred to as ‘Messe Frankfurt’) is organising the Automechanika Innovation Award 2020, which honours projects for their outstanding innovation. Winners and finalists will be given the opportunity to present their products digitally in a special showcase during the trade fair.
- The application period opens on 1 April 2020. All entries must be received by 1 June 2020. Any submissions received after this time will be disregarded. Submissions can take advantage of our special early-bird rates until 30 April 2020. For start-ups who are participating as part of the special start-up area in the Festhalle at Automechanika Frankfurt 2020, the submission deadline is 15 July 2020. Messe Frankfurt reserves the right to cancel the competition or terminate it prematurely at any time without specifying reasons.
- The Automechanika Innovation Award 2020 is given in recognition of outstanding technological developments with market relevance for products, services or processes in the automotive supplier industry, automotive workshop and services sector, or original equipment manufacturers in the following categories:
- Workshop solutions
- Car care
- Body & Paint
- Tires & Wheels
- New mobility
- Commercial vehicles / trucks
- There are three classes of the award. From the submissions received in each category, there will be one ‘Winner’ and four ‘Finalist’ awards conferred, as well as an indeterminate number of ‘Nominee’ designations. Submissions that the awards panel views as innovations will be given the designation ‘Nominee’. Messe Frankfurt reserves the right to confer two ‘Winner’ awards in individual categories when circumstances warrant. The official awards ceremony for the Automechanika Innovation Awards will take place on 8 September 2020.
- Participation is limited solely to exhibitors at Automechanika Frankfurt (hereinafter referred to as ‘participants’). By participating in the competition, participants give their consent to these terms of participation.
- Participants can enter the competition by submitting the necessary documentation to Messe Frankfurt online at www.automechanika-award.com.
- The products entered must not have won awards elsewhere and must be in compliance with safety regulations; furthermore, they must be approved for use in at least one country within the European Union.
- Nominated products must be assigned to one of the product groups found in the application form. The awards panel reserves the right to assign the product to a different category if appropriate. Should the submitting company be unwilling to accept the panel’s assignment, they may withdraw their application free of charge.
- All submissions are subjected to a preliminary examination to determine their innovative content. The awards panel reserves the right to exclude those products that it has deemed non-innovative from participation in the Automechanika Innovation Award.
- Exhibitors are limited to two submissions per category. Each submission is invoiced separately.
- It is necessary to register at www.automechanika-award.com to submit the required documentation. To be eligible to participate, entrants must complete the full registration process and submit all the required documentation on time and in the proper form. Incorrect or incomplete submissions will not be considered during the evaluation process.
- All application documentation is to be submitted in German and/or English. The awards panel will not evaluate submissions made partially or entirely in any other language.
- As part of the registration process, a contact person for Messe Frankfurt must be designated for each participant. This contact person is responsible for all communications with Messe Frankfurt that take place within the framework of the competition.
- The participant is solely responsible for the correctness of the data provided for the competition application. All information and documentation provided must be accurate and truthful. Should this not be the case, the participant may be excluded from the competition.
- By submitting their entry, the participant grants Messe Frankfurt (and its affiliated companies) the simple right with no restrictions of time to store the submitted documentation digitally and to reproduce same for the purposes of sharing this with panel members for their evaluations, as well as to archive said documentation thereafter. Messe Frankfurt has the right to use all registration documentation (particularly photos, videos, illustrations etc.) for reporting and for marketing and advertising purposes for Automechanika Frankfurt and for Messe Frankfurt for all forms of use and exploitation in all media (particularly online on the event website and in social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.).
- The application includes the following documentation:
- a product description that accounts for the assessment criteria (length: 1,800 characters including spaces); promotional language should be avoided
- description of the innovation and how it differs from its competitors (length: 1,800 characters including spaces); promotional language should be avoided
- brief description of the product for communications as part of the Automechanika Innovation Awards (length: 300 characters including spaces)
- photograph of the product for the internet presentation (to be supplied as a high-resolution JPEG or PDF file, recommended file size: at least 40 KB)
- optional product video (videos will only be accepted in MP4 format)
- Participants themselves are responsible for the requisite rights clearance for all documentation/products/concepts submitted (in particular intellectual property rights and personal rights). The rights of third parties must not be infringed.
- By submitting an application, each participant guarantees that they are legally in possession of the rights to use the documents/products/concepts or that there is an unbroken rights chain and declares that no third party rights have been infringed.
- In the event that any rights have been infringed, the participant shall indemnify Messe Frankfurt against any and all third-party claims arising therefrom. This indemnification shall also include the reimbursement of any costs that are / have been incurred by Messe Frankfurt as a result of prosecution / legal defence.
- The nominees, finalists and winners of the Automechanika Innovation Award can use the label for their own advertising. References to the award found on devices and in advertising media must be related to the product receiving the award. Award winners will be provided with a corresponding logo.
- A fee must be paid to enter the contest (please see table below). All products selected as Innovation Award winners will be presented in a special showcase at the Automechanika trade fair in Frankfurt am Main and honoured at an official awards ceremony at Automechanika in Frankfurt am Main. All products chosen as finalists (places 2 to 5) for an Innovation Award will also be presented digitally in a special showcase at the Automechanika trade fair in Frankfurt am Main. This special showcase area will be overseen by Messe Frankfurt staff and be devoted solely to the presentation of the award-winning products. No other presentation beyond that of the product is permitted in this area.
- Messe Frankfurt will put together an independent panel of experts unaffiliated with any manufacturer to determine which participants should win an Automechanika Innovation Award and be honoured at Automechanika Frankfurt.
- The panel’s selections will be based in particular on the following criteria:
- innovative content and excellence of the solution
- functionality, user-friendliness and user benefit
- cost effectiveness
- relevance for the aftermarket
- safety, durability and quality
- contribution to climate protection and environmental protection
- resource conservation and sustainability
The panel is free to weight the individual criteria as they see fit for their evaluations. All decisions made by the panel are final. No justifications of individual decisions made by the panel will be issued.
- Participants will be notified via email of their placement in the competition by the end of July 2020. Messe Frankfurt reserves the right to present participants and their relevant details (including in particular their name, company and perhaps a photo) in print media and online, particularly on the event website and in social media such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, as well as within the framework of post-event reporting. Messe Frankfurt shall not be liable for any incorrect or untruthful information.
- Participants selected by the panel for an Automechanika Innovation Award undertake to make available the aforementioned components of their application and registration materials for their award-winning product at the special showcase organised by Messe Frankfurt at Automechanika Frankfurt for exhibition purposes on all five days of the event free of charge.
- Messe Frankfurt will not reimburse any costs incurred by participants in the application process and/or within the framework of their subsequent trade fair presentation in excess of the prize itself.
- Messe Frankfurt will make photos and videos of the awards ceremony. Messe Frankfurt reserves the right to use this photo and video material for reporting and for marketing and advertising purposes for Automechanika Frankfurt and for Messe Frankfurt for all forms of use and exploitation in all media (particularly online on the event website and in social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.), including reference to the person and position where appropriate.
- Should individual provisions of these terms of participation be or become invalid, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
- All decisions are final. No reasons will be given for decisions not to present individual products with an award.
2nd place – 5th place
Use of the label
Information in the exhibitor search
Inclusion in the visitor guide
Participation in the special showcase
Online presentation on the Automechanika website
Special early-bird rates for submissions received by 30 April 2020
€85.00 per submission*
Participation fee for submission received on or after 1 May 2020
€100.00 per submission*
Fee for the award:
*The prices shown are net and do not include VAT. Submissions from start-ups who are participating as part of the special start-up area in the Festhalle at Automechanika Frankfurt 2020 are not affected by this.
Invoices for the Automechanika Innovation Award will be sent from September 2020 onwards.